Follow these steps to move a Vault Store Partition or Vault Store on the same Enterprise Vault
server from one location to another:
1. Set Enterprise Vault services to Read only
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from
functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry.
Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the
registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and
workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
Note: To set the Enterprise Vault
services to read only, open the registry editor and configure the following DWORD registry
values to 0 and restart the services. To set the Enterprise Vault services to read/write,
configure the following DWORD registry values to 1 and restart the services:
2. Perform a backup of the data.
3. Restart the Enterprise Vault services
4. Copy the Vault store partition to the new location
5. Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager
6. Expand Databases | EnterpriseVaultDirectory | Tables
7. Right-click the VaultStoreEntry table and select Open Table | Return All Rows
Note: The VaultStoreEntryId co-relates to a VaultStoreName. Make note of the ID and close the table
8. Right click the PartitionEntry table and select Open Table | Return All Rows
Note: The VaultStoreEntryId co-relates to a PartitionRootPath. Change the PartitionRootPathto the new location of the Vault store partition (Figure 2)
9. Save the changes in SQL
10. Set Enterprise Vault services back to Read Write
11. Restart the Enterprise Vault services
12. After verifying that Enterprise Vault is running correctly and there are no errors in the Application or Enterprise Vault log, the original partition can be deleted.
NOTE Specifying a mapped drive in the PartitionRootPath will result in an error message when retrieving or archiving to this location.
285004 : How to create a new Vault Store Partition in Enterprise Vault (EV).
282880 : How to move a Vault Store and Vault Store partition to a different Enterprise Vault
(EV) server in the SAME site.
320267 : Event ID 6510: “Archive operation canceled because Saveset file is missing” is
reported after an Enterprise Vault (EV) Vault Store Partition location has been changed and
Saveset files have been moved to the new location.