Synergy+ (synergy-plus) lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple
computers with different operating systems, without special hardware. All you need is a LAN
connection. It’s intended for users with multiple computers, where each system uses its own
display. It’s a little like having a 2nd or a 3rd desktop…
– Move your mouse easily between computers
– Requires nothing other than existing ethernet
– Copy and paste between your computers
– No need to press any buttons (unlike KVM)
– You can still use multiple monitors on the same computer
– Lock the mouse to one screen temporarily (useful for games)
Synergy+ is free open source software. Please donate if you like what we do!
It’s not a KVM or VNC tool, but it does achieve similar results (but with added convenience). No
need to press any buttons when you want to change desktops, and your keyboard input goes to
the same screen that your mouse cursor is on.