Minicom is the hyperterminal for Linux.
Minicom is by default not installed.
- Install Minicom with the following command
sudo apt-get install minicom
- Find your serial port
dmesg | grep tty
$ dmesg | grep tty
[ 0.001251] console [tty0] enabled
[ 72.953237] usb 6-1: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
I use a USB serial port, my laptop doesn’t have a build in serial port.
So the name of the serial port is ttyUSB0.
- Configure Minicom
sudo minicom -s
- Select “Serial Port setup”
- Enter A to change the selected serial port, in my case change to /dev/ttyUSB0
- Enter E to change the line speed to 9600 8N1
- Select “Save setup as dfl”
- Exit Minicom
- Start Minicom with
And you are good to go.