Some people are experiencing issues mounting ISO files to VMs after performing a vSphere 4.0 to 4.1 upgrade. Symptom includes receiving the error message “The remote device on VMNAME connected to PathToISOFile is disconnected.” after attempting to mount an ISO file from within the vSphere client. This issue appears to be a client incompatibility issue related to co-existance of vSphere Client 4.0 and 4.1 on the same machine. To resolve the issue:
- Uninstall vSphere Client 4.0
- Uninstall vSphere Host Update Utility 4.0 (if it is installed)
- Uninstall vSphere Client 4.1.
- Reinstall vSphere Client 4.1.
- Attempt to reconnect an ISO file to a VM using the vSphere Client.
I was experiencing this same issue and following the above steps cleared it up. Hope this helps other people out there.
Source : Jargon Technology